.

Friday, June 6, 2008

What a week!

Will things ever slow down enough for me to process them? I'm so glad it's the weekend! I need to get a bunch of crazy things off my chest...

My best friend from dental school got engaged the night before our last test. It's really exciting because they've been together for a little over 5 years, so she's been dying to get engaged (okay, full disclosure: I've been dying for them to get engaged) for a really long time. Also, her fiance is best friends with Tyler, so we're both in the wedding, which will be almost exactly two years after ours! I'm totally thrilled.

Anyway, as far as school goes... since we finished med school on Wednesday, we've been in dental class from 8am to 5pm every day so far. Which is exhausting, especially since we didn't get a break and we have our oral radiology final exam on Monday. At the same time, though, it's so wonderful to be learning real dentist things like how to write a prescription and how to give anesthesia and so on. Speaking of anesthesia-- the day we have all been fearing is coming on Tuesday: the day we inject each other with Novocaine to learn how to do it! They say it's a rite of passage for dental school... I am kind of terrified to have a completely inexperienced person shoot anesthesia into my mouth (and more terrified to have to do it to someone else), but hey, we have to learn how to do it somehow. My partner will be my friend who just got engaged... I really hope I don't paralyze her lip or something. Just in time for her wedding! Talk about a nightmare.

Finally, Tyler is leaving this Sunday afternoon, which makes me really sad. My life has been so crazy lately and will only get crazier as the summer goes on, so I guess it won't be that bad to have the house to myself and just concentrate on school. But I will miss him very, very much. I'm getting sad just thinking about taking him to the airport, so I'll leave that topic alone for now.

Whew... I can only hope next week is less insane!

No comments: