I am realizing that I really need to quit my bitching. Yes, this is going to be difficult for us, but we can handle it, and we definitely wanted kids eventually. This week has been a whirlwind for me, but I am finally settling down and accepting the situation. So, here are the things I am grateful for:
- Today was my last day of class, and I definitely passed the two exams we had today. Now all I have to do is study for the boards, which at least I can do on my own time, in the privacy of my apartment, and with a trashcan next to me. And then I'll have two whole weeks off!
- Even though I will have to take out more student loans than I usually do, we should not have to worry about money at all (until I have to pay them back, of course, but I'll be a dentist so that shouldn't be a huge problem). We've been so careful with our money that I have less than half the debt the rest of my classmates do, so at least we are starting off in a good place.
- I have always exercised almost every day and I eat well, so I haven't really had to change my diet. I've cut out almost all sugar (and of course alcohol, sushi, etc.), which I know is going to be tough to maintain, but in general it's been easy to eat healthy since I have always done that anyway.
- We can take an extra month to look for a bigger apartment (and Tyler will be back to help move) because the lady in our rental office took pity on me.
- Even if my parents aren't happy about this at first, Tyler's parents will be completely, unbelievably thrilled. Also, my friends will always support me... and I know my family will too, once they get used to the idea.
- I found a wonderful new OB (after being on hold while calling my school's health center for a half hour, I decided I needed to go elsewhere) who delivers babies practically down the street from where we live.
- I have always worried about whether or not it would be difficult for us to conceive, given my ovarian cysts and irregular periods. Turns out that wasn't an issue! Also, I worried about waiting until I was almost 30 due to my extended education. Again, not an issue now.
- I have an amazing husband who loves me and will love our child beyond belief. Our relationship was strong before this happened, and I have faith that it will only get stronger.
So, whatever happens in the next few weeks, everything will be fine. I am so relieved to be coming to terms with this so early-- I thought it would take me much longer. I am not quite at the excited stage yet, but now I am positive I will get there, and sooner than I imagined!