.

Friday, June 27, 2008

Let's focus on the good, shall we?

I am realizing that I really need to quit my bitching. Yes, this is going to be difficult for us, but we can handle it, and we definitely wanted kids eventually. This week has been a whirlwind for me, but I am finally settling down and accepting the situation. So, here are the things I am grateful for:

  1. Today was my last day of class, and I definitely passed the two exams we had today. Now all I have to do is study for the boards, which at least I can do on my own time, in the privacy of my apartment, and with a trashcan next to me. And then I'll have two whole weeks off!
  2. Even though I will have to take out more student loans than I usually do, we should not have to worry about money at all (until I have to pay them back, of course, but I'll be a dentist so that shouldn't be a huge problem). We've been so careful with our money that I have less than half the debt the rest of my classmates do, so at least we are starting off in a good place.
  3. I have always exercised almost every day and I eat well, so I haven't really had to change my diet. I've cut out almost all sugar (and of course alcohol, sushi, etc.), which I know is going to be tough to maintain, but in general it's been easy to eat healthy since I have always done that anyway.
  4. We can take an extra month to look for a bigger apartment (and Tyler will be back to help move) because the lady in our rental office took pity on me.
  5. Even if my parents aren't happy about this at first, Tyler's parents will be completely, unbelievably thrilled. Also, my friends will always support me... and I know my family will too, once they get used to the idea.
  6. I found a wonderful new OB (after being on hold while calling my school's health center for a half hour, I decided I needed to go elsewhere) who delivers babies practically down the street from where we live.
  7. I have always worried about whether or not it would be difficult for us to conceive, given my ovarian cysts and irregular periods. Turns out that wasn't an issue! Also, I worried about waiting until I was almost 30 due to my extended education. Again, not an issue now.
  8. I have an amazing husband who loves me and will love our child beyond belief. Our relationship was strong before this happened, and I have faith that it will only get stronger.

So, whatever happens in the next few weeks, everything will be fine. I am so relieved to be coming to terms with this so early-- I thought it would take me much longer. I am not quite at the excited stage yet, but now I am positive I will get there, and sooner than I imagined!

No comments: