.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Tomorrow.

Is D-day. NBDE-day. Time to take the national boards, at last!!

By the way, I am not dead. I just banned myself from the Nest in order to get my study on (assisted by the fact that my internet was down from Thursday through Saturday). And tomorrow, after 8 hours of exam horribleness, I will be free for two whole weeks!!

I feel so ready for this, I've been studying for weeks (actually, years). I'm still very sick in the mornings, but I am prepared to bring a trashcan in there with me, and if I vomit in front of all the other test-takers, they will just have to deal with it. I will calmly dispose of the vomit and continue with my test. I'm just so excited to be thisclose to being DONE!!! Even though third year starts in just two weeks, I will still feel such an overwhelming sense of relief-- I'll have proved that I'm ready to treat patients of my very own.

Once I'm finished with the test, I'm packing my bags and going to stay at my parents' house until my OB appointment on Friday. I desperately need to get out of this apartment and rejoin civilization (and, um, have them wait on me hand and foot), and they are conveniently coming back from vacation tomorrow. And whatever happens on Friday at the doctor's, I will be okay. We will be okay. I can be proud of myself for getting through these last three weeks even with everything that's happened. At least I'll know for sure what's going on in there, and at this point that is all I can ask for.

24 hours from now, I'll be in that room, on that computer, taking that test-- at last! Wish me luck!

No comments: