.

Monday, July 21, 2008

NYC is hot, hot, hot

I went to NYC this weekend with friends to see a soccer game. Beckham was playing, and, let's be honest, I played soccer in high school but I wasn't really there for the soccer.

I was kind of worried about telling everyone I was pregnant-- I didn't want to have to get all 007 with the fake drinks-- because none of them are married and most of them aren't in serious relationships, so babies really aren't on their radar. But I shouldn't have worried, because everyone was so excited! They all crowded around my iPhone to see my ultrasound pic, and after I told them it was the size of a raspberry, everyone kept asking all weekend "How's the raspberry doing??" It was really cute, and really nice that everyone was so happy for me and Tyler. There was one friend who when I told him said "Oh... uh... really?? Wow... so has Tyler found any dinosaurs yet this summer??" but everyone else was super excited.

The game was really fun and really hot. In more ways than one. All the girls in my group were hoping Beckham would take off his shirt, but he hadn't towards the end of the game, so when he was taking a corner kick I yelled at the top of my lungs, "TAKE OFF YOUR SHIRT!!!" Everyone in front of us turned around and stared at me and I was embarrassed until one of the women in front of us said "Hey, I'm with you!!" and then all the other women started laughing and applauding. And after the game was done, he did take off his shirt. Ahhh. It was beautiful. Mission accomplished.

We spent the rest of the time hanging out at one of the girls' apartment, where the CT people stayed the night, and we went to MoMA on Sunday (I hate modern art, I think it's pretentious and awful, but at least it was air-conditioned!). I was exhausted by the end of the weekend because the heat was too much for my pregnant self, but at least we didn't do too much walking around, and I didn't go out to bars with everyone on Saturday night (I stayed home and passed out!). And, not being able to drink really cuts down on the cost of a weekend in the city! [:)]

Tomorrow I leave for ND to see Tyler... at last. I can't wait to see him-- I haven't seen him since the first week of June, and of course not since I found out I was pregnant. It's going to be a very long trip with the "morning" sickness, especially since he lives 3 hours from the airport, but I would travel twice that far to see him. I've been missing him so much. Now I just wish today would go by quicker so I could get on that plane!!

I don't think I'll be blogging while I'm gone, so I'll have to catch up with you all a week from today... which, unfortunately, is also my first day of class (already!!), so I'm not sure how much time I'll have... but have a great week everyone, I'll miss reading about you all! [:)]

No comments: