.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Step away from the daddy books

Ladies, think carefully before you buy your husband any daddy books. I bought "The Expectant Father" for Tyler and he's been reading it this weekend, which is great because he's so excited, but it leads to conversations like this...

Tyler: (yelling to me in the kitchen) When we go to your next appointment, can I look at your cervix?

Me: (yelling back, assuming I heard him wrong) What??

Tyler: At the doctor! Can I see your cervix? My book says it will help me understand the process better.

Me: (sticking my head out of the kitchen at him with a concerned look) Um... my... cervix? Uh... well... I guess, if it's important to you? I mean, I've never even seen it. Don't you think that's a little... weird??

Tyler: (shrugs, disappears behind daddy book)

I rest my case. My husband is the most anti-sensitive man ever. He does not do emotions, and he definitely does not do female bodily functions. He looks petrified whenever I mention my period. I do not know who has taken him and replaced him with this expectant father pod-person. If you have seen my actual husband, please return him ASAP. Thanks.

Anyway, it's been really great to have him back, aside from the cervix conversation. He came down with a cold, so he's been asleep most of the day, but I am just glad to have him here and to be able to look over and see him in his usual position, there in his recliner with the dog on his lap. Although... wait a minute... aren't I the one supposed to be getting spoiled with breakfast in bed and herbal tea?? Hmm...

Otherwise, all I have to report is: countdown to new apartment and new car = 2 weeks! Yay!! Hope you are all having lovely weekends.

No comments: