.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Nasty cold

Well, Tyler has passed his cold on to me, and I'm way more sympathetic to him now, because it is not a fun one. Although maybe it's worse to be sick when you're pregnant, I wouldn't know. Anyway, my amazing luck continues, because even though I am sick, I only had to stay at school until 10:30 today because I finished my dentures early!! So Tyler and I went to Babies R Us to look at baby things and to celebrate me being 12 weeks along. It was fun, but a little overwhelming for both of us, I think... babies just need so much stuff!!

And I've been able to sleep all afternoon, which has helped a little bit with the cold, I guess. Tylenol really isn't touching this headache, and when I called my OB they suggested a little bit of caffeine and "aromatherapy." Well, I've been sitting here with my head over a cup of mint tea for a half hour now, and let me tell you, it hasn't at all lessened my desire to rip my own face off. Needless to say, I'm wrapping up this post quickly and I don't have the energy for the promised belly pic... I wonder if having a cold makes the baby miserable too? I hope not. I guess the best I can do is not take any meds that would hurt it, which unfortunately (according to the doctor) includes my migraine meds and Sudafed... boooo...

No comments: