.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Nice little trip to the hospital

Well, I had an interesting week last week. I'd have updated this weekend if I hadn't been so exhausted from it!

On Wednesday, I caught some kind of stomach bug and vomited for about 24 hours straight. Eventually I got so dehydrated because I couldn't keep anything down that I started feeling really dizzy and weird, so I called my OB and they sent me straight to the hospital. My blood pressure was a nice 90/40 (yikes) so they hooked me up to a few IV bags of this fluorescent green fluid to try and bring it back up. It finally did after a few hours, so I got to go home and didn't have to stay overnight. It wasn't all bad, though, because at least I got to see the pregnancy & birth center where I'll be delivering the baby! It's a really pretty and new facility with big windows and a great view, and all the staff were super nice. I mostly felt bad for Tyler, because I had to call him and tell him I was going to the hospital, and he was stuck in New Haven because he takes a bus to school. I really was fine, though, and it was nice to take Friday off from school to rest.

Anyway, I did my first filling on a real live patient today (yay!) and it went really well... things are good and boring here, but I'm in the middle of midterms, so I must go be a good little dental student and study!

Edit: okay, I forgot the two most important things I wanted to say.

  1. The IV fluid stuff turned my pee fluorescent green! I know, you're jealous, it's okay, I understand.
  2. I knocked over my (burning hot) straightening iron with my belly this morning... right onto my bare foot! Talk about a wake-up call-- hello, you're pregnant! Belly pic coming soon...

No comments: