.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Oh. My. Lord.

I am completely freaked out. I know it's natural, I knew it was going to happen sometime... but in my 18th week?? No. I did not expect this so early. I shouldn't be grossed out by it, but I just can't help it... I don't even really want to talk about it, but I know that I need to get used to the idea...

My boobs have started leaking. AAAHHH!!!! I practically cried last night when I saw it. I don't know why it bothers me so much, but it really freaks me out. I started racing around the apartment like a crazed woman, moaning to Tyler about how weirded out I was. (For some reason, he didn't seem as disgusted as I did... although he did say "well don't get it on me!!") I am going to have to get over this, because I desperately want to breastfeed. But for some reason, it really really bugs me. Maybe because I already am expanding at what feels like an exponential rate, and I feel like a cow, and now... I actually am producing milk like a cow? Colostrum, technically, but I'm sure it's only going to get worse from here.

So today I am adding breast pads to my shopping list so that I don't get stuck in the middle of the school day with a wet bra. ::Shudders:: Get over it, Julia... you need to get over it quick...

*UPDATE: went to Wal-Mart to pick up some nursing pads, and couldn't find them. Had to ask the really hot guy behind the pharmacy counter where the breast pads were and was rewarded with a confused, disgusted look and a "what??" Awesome.

No comments: