.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election day!

Did you?

I love election day. Presidential election day is even better. I love that feeling of excitement and change in the air, and I love feeling like I'm becoming a part of something important, and feeling like I did something good just by showing up and casting my vote. And this year, I'm pretty tired of hearing all the propaganda from both sides, so I love that it's finally done with!

I was anticipating huge lines, even though I got out of clinic early, so I was pleasantly surprised to only have to wait a few minutes. Those paper ballots, though, I dunno... I felt like I was feeding that thing into a shredder when I turned it in. But probably I can assume the nice little old man who watched me do it wasn't quite that diabolical. Another plus: unlike the last presidential election, there weren't any "challengers" who stood over me and screeched in my ear that I wasn't allowed to vote because my last name was spelled slightly wrong on the list. (You people are crazy down there in PA... ;)

I don't like to go into politics on my blog, so I'm not going to rant on about who you should vote for and why they're awesome and coincidentally, why I'm awesome because I voted for them, but I will say... if you didn't go make your voice heard yet today, go do it! It'll make you feel all warm and happy inside.

2 comments:

MiMi said...

I think you voted for Obama... hmmm... That happiness sounds like an Obama supporter! ;)
I voted earlier today and it wasnt as bad as i thought either! How are you feeling?

Anonymous said...

I've been a lurker for the past 6 months, but I'm actually really glad you made the switch to blogspot. Some other good blogs I read on here are marital-bless and heatherdrive. They are both newlyweds and one of them is pregnant as well (you probably know her from the nest) and now I have all three of my favorite blogs in one place! Im only 21 and I always felt like a creep when my boyfriend would peek over my shoulder and see me on the nest baby :]

But good luck with this new one! I hope you update more often.