.

Friday, February 5, 2010

Happy birthday, baby girl

Caroline turned one at 6:08am today. I cannot believe it.

This year has flown by faster than any other year of my life. I have been thinking all day about how far we've come. From this...


To this...

My little sick baby is now a big, happy, healthy girl. February 5, 2009 was full of mixed emotions (joy, excitement, fear, uncertainty). This February 5 had a lot of mixed emotions too (pride, happiness, nostalgia, sadness that my baby is growing up)... I have to say that I prefer this year's mix!

I miss my little teeny baby, but I love my life with my chatty toddler too. And I'm sure I'll just keep loving it more and more.

Happy birthday, Caroline! I love you so much, baby girl.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Happy Birthday little girl!

Monica said...

Your whole little family has done so marvelously this year. I've read your blog since you were pregnant, and at risk of sounding totally cheesy: I am so PROUD of you! And happy for you! ...and of course, very happy first b-day to darling little Caroline! :)

NestEris said...

Happy Birthday Caroline!!

edmo said...

Happy Birthday to Caroline and Congratulations to you and your husband for making it one year! That first year is hard and to make it with your sanity and happiness deserves a bit congrats!

Kylie Mc said...

Happy Birthday Caroline! Soak up and enjoy every possible moment because time will continue to fly by. ;)