.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

It's my due date

And Caroline is one month old today! It seems like such a long time ago that I had never met her.

It's weird to me that today is March 5. How many millions of times did I say that date in response to "when are you due??" over the past nine months? I know that only 5% of babies actually come on their due dates, but still-- today is the day I was "supposed" to meet her. Even though her NICU stay was definitely the most traumatic and upsetting experience of my life, I still feel lucky that I got to spend this extra, bonus time with her. I'll always feel jealous of those women who make it to their due dates and who get to take their babies home with them, but I'm sure that missing out on that miserable last month of pregnancy isn't entirely a bad thing either. And I know I certainly will never take her good health for granted!

Caroline decided to celebrate her due date by sleeping a wonderful, consecutive 5 1/2 hours last night. I suspect this had more to do with her new reflux medication (which actually works) than her desire to party it up, but regardless, it was amazing. I feel refreshed today even though I woke up probably every hour, on the hour to make sure she was still breathing. I wondered why she was nursing about every hour yesterday-- she was saving it up to let us get some sleep at night! What a good little baby...

Anyway, in honor of her due date, I'll post her birth announcement pic:


Just kidding. We were trying to take a good photo for her announcements, and that's what we got... haha. Guess we'll have to try again after her bath tonight!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Aww! Lol! Happy 1 month birthday, Caroline! She has the cutest hair, and so much of it for only being 1 month old. : )

edmo said...

I felt that way on my due date, and I was only 2 weeks early. Now the way I look at it...Boston hasn't even been out of me as long as he was in me. Yet it seems like he's been here FOREVER!