.

Monday, February 2, 2009

I was hoping I wouldn't have to see it

But I was unlucky. I just (gag, TMI alert, warning!) lost my mucus plug today. I have to admit that I'm a little freaked out, beyond the grossness factor. It was a real, physical sign that one day really soon, I am going to go into labor and there will be no turning back. I'll have to go to the hospital and birth a child and then come home with it and try not to kill it. Holy. Crap. It also can mean labor is coming really soon, but I'm choosing to subscribe to the "hey, you could still have weeks left!" school of thought. I know I said I was uncomfortable and over it, and I am, but I have a lot of things left to do!

Let's focus on harmless, happy things! I had my second shower yesterday, it was so much fun. My mom's friends did an amazing job. It had a bumblebee theme (of course!) and there were gorgeous flowers and delicious food and so many gifts that I was almost embarrassed. This baby and I are so spoiled! There are actually gifts spilling out of the nursery. Everyone has been so generous to us! I think we literally have everything we really need except for the diaper pail and the bottle set. It was such a fun time, so good to see all my old friends and my mom's friends... overall, just a really great day. My mother-in-law flew out from North Dakota for it and stayed with us. We had a really good visit, I was a little nervous about how grouchy I'd be, but it turned out to be a fun time. (Full disclosure: I may not have been the best hostess at times, since I was preoccupied with the important questions, like "who is sneaking into my room at night and beating me in the crotch with a baseball bat, and how did I miss it".)

I promise I'll post shower pics as soon as I get some from the girls, but here's my 35 week (well, I guess I'm halfway through my 36th week) belly pic, from the day of my shower:

Still growing! (I promise I don't look that tired in real life...)

3 comments:

Lauren Thorne said...

I think you look great! That's awesome you have gotten so many gifts. Good luck with the last few weeks!

Vikki said...

Wow, you look fantastic! What does the plug even look like? I have so much to learn!

Kitty said...

I didn't lose the plug with my first because I was induced early... I did with my second, however, and I remember how discusted I was. At first, it was like an "oh!"... and then you get "ewww.." and finally, you get to like this "holy crap!" sort of feeling. Yea, it's nasty. My man specifically told me he didnt want to hear about it, so I didnt tell them, and then when I went into labour the next day he was upset that a hadn't told him after all. haha!