.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

BELIZE!

So I don't think I've mentioned this here, but I'm going on a service trip to Belize. It's a trip that will involve doing lots of fillings but also snorkeling, beach time, and looong happy hours. I'm so excited! It seemed like a long way off, but suddenly it is... hmmm... four days from now. That came up quickly.

Anyway, I am sad to be leaving Caroline for a week. I've never been away from her for longer than a weekend, and that was just once for a wedding that Tyler and I were in. I'll miss her a lot. But it is exciting to be able to travel. I am always jealous of Tyler's trips, and now I get to take one of my own! Plus, I'll get tons of experience doing dental work because there are only four dental students going and we will be less... um... supervised (i.e. watched like hawks) than we are in the school's clinic. It will be a great opportunity. And all the fillings we do will count towards graduation, which is huge.

So, sorry for the short post, but I just wanted to go ahead and make an excuse in advance for the gap in posting that is about to occur! I will return with many pictures, and hopefully a tan!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Have so much fun! I LOVE Belize!

Monica said...

I hope you do post your pictures when you get back! I've never seen Belize, but heard it's splendid. Have a great time, safe travels, and thank you (on behalf of those you're going to help!) for the amazing service you are about to provide. Go Julia! :)

Eris1995 said...

Have fun! Take lots and lots of pictures!!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! Can't wait to see pictures. Have a great time!!

Lulu said...

I'm so jealous! Have a wonderful time and take lots of pics (of the scenery, not so much the teeth). :)

edmo said...

My cousin used to go to Belize every year as a nurse to volunteer. Have fun and it's great you'll be doing some good there.