.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

You will have no problems in your home.

So says my fortune cookie. I read it and laughed hysterically until I realized that it actually pissed me off and then I quit laughing and ripped it up.

Caroline's in bed and I'm lying here on my couch in my pajamas eating Chinese takeout and watching Eat, Pray, Love (instead of studying for boards) because I've had a completely shitty week. I had tried to read the book when I had first started the whole divorce process, but I couldn't get through it. I mean, I was good with the Eat, that was all fine, but the Pray just bored me and I don't think I'm ever gonna get to Love, so I just gave up and rented the movie. It turns out it's kind of bullshit, to be honest, but I think there's some kind of rule that you have to watch it if you are a woman getting divorced and well, what can I say, I'm a rule-follower.

I've spent most of the past six months wondering what is wrong with me, to be completely honest. I don't know if I will ever figure that out.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm trying to think of a comment that doesn't consist of "keep on truckin'" or "aww, just keep your chin up", lol. But what can I say, I didn't like "Eat, Pray, Love" either. It was just....ehh. I'm a lurker but I love reading your blog, no matter how raw it is. You're a great mother and you will be a great dentist!

Monica said...

Hey, it says you WILL have no probs... not that you don't currently. Not to be too picky, but if you read carefully, I think it's an absolutely true fortune for you. It may take some time, but you will eventually have no problems in your home. (sorry to be a priss here. haha)...as always, best of luck as you continue through this difficult part. :)